This approach has led to our continued growth and expansion into new products and markets.
- 1987 The company is founded as Thermtrol Corporation. A new line of probe thermostat switches for pressure washer and related industrial equipment manufacturers is designed and launched. This marks the beginning of Thermtrol’s growth into new markets with a rapid expansion of our product portfolio.
- 1990 Thermtrol is recognized as a key value-added partner to Texas Instruments Sensors & Controls Division (now Sensata Technologies) for our demonstrated pattern of superior customer service, product quality, and pragmatic "can do - will do” attitude. This product line is the foundation for establishing our core competency in wire termination.
- 1991 Thermtrol makes continued alliances and value-added partnerships with many other companies in the thermal overload industry. These are used to further fuel the growth of existing lines and expand our markets.
- 1996 Thermtrol makes its first acquisition with the purchase of Mighty Mite Controls of Akron, Ohio, a vanguard in the development of bimetal thermostats for the appliance market with origins dating back to the 1950’s. This addition helps propel Thermtrol into an innovative products company, furthering our manufacturing capability.
- 1997 We saw the successful launch of the SH7AM series self-hold protector. This thermal safety device has become the standard in many motor and appliance protective applications.
- 2000 As we formalized our quality process and procedures, Thermtrol is audited for and receives our first ISO 9001 certification. Customer service and quality remains the cornerstone of our business.
- 2002 Thermtrol pioneers into the global market by opening our first international sales branch office in Hong Kong. This move solidifies the increase in demand and support for Thermtrol products in Asia.
- 2003 Thermtrol launches its first wholly owned Asian manufacturing site located in the Vietnam Singapore Industrial park, on the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, to take advantage of the solid Asian manufacturing environment and establish local sourcing with related electrical component assembly including wiring harness assembly.
- 2007 Thermtrol acquires MGI Manufacturing in Cary, Illinois. This acquisition brings with it specialty engineering and plastic molding expertise in manufacturing wire harnesses for the automotive and related industries.
- 2010 Following several years of expansion in Vietnam, we build a new 100,000 square foot wholly owned facility to support our continued growth and expansion into the wire harness business.
- 2012 Investment into Thermtrol Vietnam with over $1.5M in test equipment (more detail in our quality section), new molding equipment and engineering resources added to facilitate quality and customer service responsiveness.
- 2013 Continued growth now has Thermtrol with a global footprint that includes over 500 skilled team members
In the future, Thermtrol will continue to grow at a pace that ensures our commitment to success by filling our customers' unique needs while helping reduce their total cost of ownership.